Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Joshua is 17 today!!


It's amazing how time flies..to think 17 years ago today I held this precious little baby in my arms. And now, he shaves and has acne! What happened!

Some news about Joshua's 16th year:

*Graduated 10th grade with CLASS
*He started 11th grade with CLASS
*He played softball for our church softball team
*He started his very fist job at Funtown/Splashtown as a ride operator
*He took Drivers Ed and got his permit. We're still working on the 35 hours driving so he can take his final exam.
*He came with me to Okinawa, Japan for 3 weeks on a missions trip.

His favorite things:

Paintball and paintball and did I mention paintball?

He loves his Geneva Bible.

So there's just a few highlights...I am very proud of my boy. He is growing into a spiritually strong young man. He loves talking theology with anybody who will talk. He is talkative!

Here's my boy....Happy Birthday Josh. I love you so much! I am so proud of the young man you are becoming.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been a blessing to know you, little bro. My prayer would be to see more godly young men following your example and rising up in this generation.

Jon Speed said...

Happy Birthday, brother. You're a lot further along with the Lord than I was at 17. Keep serving the Lord with humility.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Josh!

I wish I ad known the Lord and was serving Him at your age. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh!! It was a pleasure and a privilege to seek and save the lost with you in Japan. You are an amazing young man!
May you have a blessed birthday and many, many more!
Love, Sherry

Edwin said...

Happy Birthday Josh! I have the privilage to serve the Lord and witness with this young gentlemen. So meek and humble, very knowlegable in the Bible and encouraging. He showed me his Geneva bible and we were talking about the different Bible we both carried(KJV was mine) at the beggining of the trip he was quiet but also was not feeling well, but a couple of days later we could not shut him up!(joking) What an example of Proverbs 22:6 oh, by the way josh, On my 3 week military training we will be doing combat paintball missions, i'll be thinking of you as I am playing with the paint ball.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh!! I hope your 17th year is as exciting and full of growth with the LORD as your 16th. We miss you and your family!
The Braley's

Melissa's Life said...

Happy birthday my friend ...

Anonymous said...

Josh,

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your youth!!! Continue following your heart and you will go far in life. I'm hoping someday you and your family will make it down to Houston so we can spend some "family" time together.

We love you,

Aunt Rosie & Uncle Ron

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, Happy Birthday, It was awesome sharing the gospel with you in Okinawa, hope we can do it again sometime, by the looks of your hair, you need to go back to Okinawa for a haircut and eat a bento and hand out some steki manga's heh heh, Lord bless you and O-daijini toh gambatte kudasai

Anonymous said...

hey Josh!
おたんじょびおめでとうございます!
have a great birthday mate, and hope to see you serving the Lord in Japan again soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!!!!

God Bless!!!

Kev

(the round guy in church)

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it! Lotsa changes since we last saw you and your family. We wish you a very Happy Birthday and tons more in Christ!
John & Roxann Spicer

Anonymous said...

Konnichiha Dude,

Hope your birthday was fabulous!

Love Lizzie

Sola Scriptura: The Scripture Alone is the Standard
Soli Deo Gloria: For the Glory of God Alone
Solo Christo: By Christ's Work Alone are We Saved
Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone
Sola Fide: Justification by Faith Alone

"There are many who preach Christ, but not so many who live Christ. My great aim will be to live Christ" -Robert Chapman