Thursday, April 24, 2008

More Okinawa Missions Trip Stories

In this picture you will see a beautiful witnessing encounter with a precious girl named Yui. Yui agreed to do a video interview with Edwin, and I would translate and Josh was taping. This turned out to be an incredible divine appointment from God! When Edwin asked her if she thought she would go to heaven, Yui said matter of factly, No, I am going to hell because I have disobeyed my mother and have given my mother much grief! We were stunned! Edwin continued witnessing to her and eventually I kinda took over as I couldn't translate everything Edwin was saying. To make a long interview short, Yui was so influenced by a Mormon doctrine, she felt there was no hope for her as she was too bad to go to Heaven! I am not kidding you when I say there are so many that have been witnessed to by Mormons in Okinawa! Saints, this shouldn't be! Anyway, Yui was so grateful to hear the good news of the Gospel. She now had hope! She could be saved! At one point towards the end she said to me, "I must pray! I must pray!" We encouraged her to get hooked up to a godly church and we asked her where she lived and miraculously Yui lives in Ginowan City, exactly where Calvary Chapel Church is!
Please pray for Yui! She didn't come to church while we were there, however, about a week after we met her, Edwin saw her near the church and he was able to wave to her. We have this interview on video and as soon as I figure out how to get the video onto my new puter I will upload it somewhere so everyone can see it.

No comments:

Sola Scriptura: The Scripture Alone is the Standard
Soli Deo Gloria: For the Glory of God Alone
Solo Christo: By Christ's Work Alone are We Saved
Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone
Sola Fide: Justification by Faith Alone

"There are many who preach Christ, but not so many who live Christ. My great aim will be to live Christ" -Robert Chapman