Sunday, April 20, 2008

More Stories from our Okinawa Missions Trip.

We had a blast! So much to type up and share! I don't even know where to start! By the 3rd day I was saying we should have carried a recorder or something so that we could record all the conversations after they happened because we were even forgetting the divine encounters, there was just so many! Here's a team pic..also pictured with us is Christina Duran from Living Waters who introduced us to our host church. Starting from the left in the red shirt is Edwin Lo, Linda Essary, Christina Duran, Joshua Brevick, David Redondo in the back, bottom is me and Sherry Pierce. Our host church was Calvary Chapel Church, Ginowan, Okinawa. We can't thank them enough!The Okinawan people were very receptive to the Gospel. Many had never even heard of Jesus, some have maybe heard of Him but had no clue what He was all about. What an honor it was for us to be the the first people to share with them!

One of my most memorable conversations was with a 71 yr old man named Suzuki-san. One of us handed him a MDB and a Chick tract. Can't remember who. Linda started talking to him first I believe, then I was called over to talk to him more. Suzuki-san was so precious! He was asking so many questions, he said he had been visiting Mormon churches but he had never heard the gospel before. When I took him through the law he realized now why he needed the Saviour. He said he would read a bible and so we gave him a bible. We have pictures of me and Suzuki-san looking through scriptures together. He was so hungry to know more! I told him to stay away from Mormon churches and JW churches. He was taking notes as I was speaking and he wrote in big letters, NO MORMON or JW churches! I was amazed to watch him slowly start to understand the message and to see him thirsting for more and more. How precious he was and he is 71! Wow!


Here's 4 pics in order. This will show you the typical reaction we received from doing the Curved Illusions tract. Here is Joshua and Edwin with these 3 young girls. Watch their faces. And as many times, they would end up doing the trick for us! It was the greatest ice breaker in Okinawa.


And here's a funny pic of me doing the Curved Illusions...


2 comments:

Melissa's Life said...

great pictures Donna ..
When r u all planning on going back ...

Jeff and Donna Hebert said...

I would go in a heartbeat...but...family here needs mom..I am hoping that next year maybe my hubby can go! That would be awesome. I really feel that our family should just move there as permanent missionaries! lol...but God would have to move big time for that to happen..I know He is able! Miss you girl!

Sola Scriptura: The Scripture Alone is the Standard
Soli Deo Gloria: For the Glory of God Alone
Solo Christo: By Christ's Work Alone are We Saved
Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone
Sola Fide: Justification by Faith Alone

"There are many who preach Christ, but not so many who live Christ. My great aim will be to live Christ" -Robert Chapman