Thursday, April 24, 2008

More Okinawa Missions Trip Stories

Here's a man named Higa-san who I spent about 2 hours witnessing to at the Koinonia Cafe. With me is Trevor who attends CC and praise God he was there to help me! Trevor was on his way home when he felt a need to one more time walk around the cafe and even though I really didn't know him, I knew he spoke fluent Japanese as he translated Pastor Tims sermon the Sunday before, I reached out and caught his sleeve and asked him to help me. What a miracle from God again! This is why he wasn't supposed to leave just yet! Higa-san has read one too many books in every sect of religion you can imagine. He was asking so many questions and he kept telling me "I don't understand why He would save me...I can understand why He would save others, but not me" Oh how sad to hear him say this! Trevor and I showed him scripture after scripture, and finally we just prayed! Higa-san continued coming to church and the cafe, he was there for every event as well..including the hula outreach we did. Pray for Higa-san to be set free!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that even on the other side of the world, people need the same gospel. Praying for Higa-san's salvation. Praising God for your faithfulness to bring the message to him.

in Christ and for His glory,

Mark

Melissa's Life said...

Thank God for Trevor ...His japanese is pretty good :)
Keeping him in prayer ...

Sola Scriptura: The Scripture Alone is the Standard
Soli Deo Gloria: For the Glory of God Alone
Solo Christo: By Christ's Work Alone are We Saved
Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone
Sola Fide: Justification by Faith Alone

"There are many who preach Christ, but not so many who live Christ. My great aim will be to live Christ" -Robert Chapman